Sunday 26 January 2014

Why Support Barrie Pregnancy Resource Centre?

Did you know that in Canada up to 40% of all pregnancies are unplanned?* And this rate is higher amongst teens. Approximately half of all unplanned pregnancies end in abortion.



Unplanned pregnancy is difficult to face. Our clients face many situations that make pregnancy feel overwhelming, such as:
  • Age or stage of life
  • Relationship difficulties or lack of support
  • Lack of finances
  • Health complications
  • Sexual assault or abusive relationships
  • Conflict with educational or career goals
We often hear clients of the centre say "I can't have this baby! I don't want my child to grow up without a father the way I did". 

Since opening in December 2006, Barrie Pregnancy Resource Centre has provided support to more than 750 clients. Lives are regularly being positively impacted by the support of the centre.

Here is what some of our clients have said:

“I felt so comfortable. My support worker was caring and listened to my concerns”

"Plenty of information … knowledgeable, helpful staff"

"Thank you Barrie Pregnancy Centre.  I was in a tough place when I found out I was pregnant.  Will all your help, I was able to prepare for the birth of my son, and with your continued support I'm making it!"


Barrie Pregnancy Resource Centre is not government funded. Our doors remain open to care for women, teens families and babies through the faithful support of individuals, churches and businesses.


Read this blog about how one father cared for a teen-mom in his area. Care for a mom-in-need through the work of Barrie Pregnancy Resource Centre. And teach your daughter about caring for others. DONATE today!

*Research Sources:


No comments:

Post a Comment